Thursday, June 28, 2007

Trial by fire

I just got back from my first worship team practice...ever. Actually, it's the first organized singing group thingy I've done since junior choir when I was about 8.

I had an "audition" which consisted of our worship leader playing the piano and me singing by myself. I've never been good at starting off cold by myself, so of course the first line was really flat, but then I was more decent.

We had a small group today because one person was sick, one had a wedding rehearsal, and one couldn't make it, so I think that made me feel even more self-conscious because there weren't as many voices to blend in with.

As if singing on the worship team for the first time on Sunday wasn't enough, I was also asked tonight to sing the first verse of one song by myself and to read a bit of scripture as a transition between two songs. So much for a gentle introduction... ;-) It's going to be wild and crazy come Sunday, so wear your ear-plugs if you're within 50 miles of Anoka this weekend.

The other first this Sunday: My Dad is preaching at his church! He's filling in for there pastor who is apparently going to be out of town. He, of course, didn't tell Dana or me about it until after we said we'd sing with the team at our church, so we can't go. But if you're in the Albert Lea area for some reason, head on over to the Methodist Church to cheer him on!

DotD: Free USB Optical Mouse - I decided to continue with the free stuff trend. No, that won't always be the case, but free stuff is fun. It's red, it's optical, and it can be yours free after rebate. Even the shipping is free. It's a bit spendy before the rebate ($29.99), but if you can make due without that much for a couple of months, you'll get the money back after you've forgotten about it, so it will seem like free money.

3 comments:

Joel said...

That does sound wild and crazy. Fortunately, no church in the world would ever subject their attendees to my singing voice. People would be fleeing in droves.

Good luck though, both to you and your dad. Hope all goes well as the Andersons start their quest for world church domination. :)

Mac Man said...

Believe me, we started the church domination plot while you were still in diapers (I am sooooo much older than you).

The power follows the money, and with Dana and I on the worship team, we'll soon have the hearts of the people in addition to their wallets. ;-)

A. Bauer said...

I'm noticing the lack of "Baron" labels your posts have lately....odd, isn't it?