Monday, June 25, 2007

Satan is Dead!

Card day has come and gone, and it was a blast. We played Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and Reclamation. A couple of us also managed to sneak in a couple games of ping-pong. 

Reclamation was fun, although there's a bit of work to be done to balance things out (which is completely expected). People tend to do strange things when given the chance, and often find ways to do things in a game that the designers never expected. I pulled off a very unique trick in my first game of Reclamation against Joel. Here's what happened:

I had played Reuben on a previous turn and then I played Levi next to him. I then used the Human Sacrifice card to kill Levi to draw 4 cards (I was losing, and desperate times call for desperate measures). This is where things got weird. One of the cards I drew was Vengeance of God, which says if your character was just killed, you can make another character Might +5. The idea was that if a Hell character killed your Heaven character, God may take some action. Instead, I had actually chosen to kill Levi on my own (as the Heaven side) just to draw 4 cards, which then made Reuben really strong. I used another card to start a battle between a Heaven character and Hell character, and I chose to have Reuben fight Satan alone. Normally not a good idea, but because of the Vengeance of God, Reuben not only won the fight, but killed Satan! Following this? Here's the recap:

Reuben murders his brother Levi in a messed-up human sacrifice, this makes God angry, God grants Reuben super-human strength as a result, and Reuben uses this strength to kill Satan.

Not quite what Cooper intended, me thinks.

The other unusual event of the day occurred in Star Trek. I was flying my ship around, and ran into a Borg Cube in hiding. It attacked, and obliterated my ship completely, killing all of my people. And then it happened again, one game later. ;-)

DotD: Free PC case and Free USB hard drive enclosure - Both rely on mail-in-rebates to make the final cost free (before shipping). I'm a sucker for free computer stuff. I built one of my PCs with a free PC case (not the one shown here), a free power supply, and a $10 AMD 2 Ghz processor.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Ah, good fun. I'm going to need to rework the rules, because I don't think things like that should be happening. :)

My fully-loaded U.S.S. Enterprise also ran into a Borg Ship and exploded. In a different game, I accidently blew up my own ship with my own card. It was pretty sweet.

I like free stuff.

Mac Man said...

Did you actually blow up your ship, or just kill everyone on board? Because, you know, those are entirely different things! ;-)

I did actually survive my third encounter with a Borg ship in my game with Marlin. It then continued on down the spacelilne and harassed him. Nice to see someone else experience that pain.

Joel said...

Hmm, actually, I think I just killed everyone on board. Well, everyone except androids. So Data was okay. He was thankful.

I am a Database Analyst, after all. I'm always trying to preserve the Data.