Saturday, October 27, 2007

Leopard

Well, the first week of my new job went well. Actually, day 1 was pretty crazy. My head was swimming from all of the new information, procedures, tools, etc. My current project is working on software for a medical device. I'll be generic at this point until I get a better feel for what I am allowed to say and what I am not allowed to say. Given that we have to keep the machine under a tarp when we are not actively using it, it is safe to say that confidentiality is a pretty big deal for the company making it. I currently have a small version of the machine in my cube for development and testing purposes. I can flip switches, turn dials, and pretend to be a great doctor or nurse. 

Of course, while important, that had nothing to do with the subject of this post. Because while I like to keep you informed of what I'm up to, you just want to find ammunition to use against me. Don't say I never gave you anything.

Ms. Fiance and I were meeting after work at Rosedale Mall, planning to have supper after a failed attempt to meet somewhere else...

*Insert side story here*

We were originally going to meet at Arthur's Jewelers to look at wedding bands. We already have hers, but I don't have one yet. Anyway, at a recent wedding expo she won a coupon for $100 off a wedding band if you use the coupon by the end of October. As it turns out, the place closes at 6 pm on 3 out of 5 days during the normal work week (huh?), Friday being one of those days. Well, by the time we both would have gotten there it would have been about 6:30, so no dice.

*End of side story*

While waiting at Rosedale Mall for Ms. Fiance, I decided to walk all the way to the other side of the mall to the Apple Store, since Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard was being released that day starting at 6 pm. I had pre-ordered my copy online, but I figured I could kill some time and maybe even grab one of the free t-shirts they were handing out for the release night.

It was about 6:15 when I got to the store, and I saw the store was pretty full. There were employees standing next to the door offering people the free t-shirts as the left. I went to walk in past them when the first guy stopped me. I figured he was going to ask if I wanted a t-shirt. He said, "Did you just come from the line?" With me being surprised and confused, he continued, "We're only letting people in who waited in line." At this point, I turned around and noticed a line of people waiting to get into the Apple Store that extended all the way down the hall to about Macy's. Yeah, somehow missed that line of hundreds of people standing in a nice orderly line in the middle of the hallway. Whoops!

7 comments:

A. Bauer said...

No cutting! What do you think you are, a teacher at BEA high school?

Joel said...

lol, poor Tim. I remember standing in line for the Apple Store at the Mall of America on the day it opened. Ah, good fun. And I'm not even a Mac person. What evil could have caused me to do this? What horrible source of darkness could have moved me down to such a level of scum?

Oh, now I remember.

It was Tim.

Mac Man said...

And do you remember what happened on the way home form MOA at the conclusion of our trip, Sir Cooper?

Joel said...

I almost made a donation to the U.S. government? :)

DVK said...

"And do you remember what happened on the way home form MOA at the conclusion of our trip, Sir Cooper?"

Doesn't that just prove Joel's earlier statement that you are a source of evil? Soon I'll prefect my new generator that runs on evil: I'll hook it up to Tim and be able to supply unlimited, clean energy to the whole nation. Of course, that means Tim will be locked in a basement in eternal torment, but hey: the greater good.....

Mac Man said...

I guess I can throw away my batteries then...

Joel said...

Hehe, oh dear. Silly people. I think I ended up giving my Apple T-shirt to Troy. All that waiting, and I didn't even keep it. How silly. :) But alas, that was good fun anyway.