Saturday, September 8, 2007

My Bad

You tried to warn me, but I didn't listen. You tried to tell me that I was making a mistake, but I ignored you anyway.

Turns out, you were right. Serenity is an awesome movie!

Mr. Da Coops and I got to talking about movies on our drive up to camping, and he brought up Firefly. I mentioned seeing one episode, but not liking it much because I had no idea what was going on. Well, Mr. Da Coops, I'm ready to start watching Firefly now. It might be a bit weird, since according to IMDB, Serenity supposedly takes place after the last Firefly episode, but I guess that just makes the experience somewhat like Memento. And there's nothing wrong with that!

For what it's worth, I'm also now just one episode away from finishing season one of Star Trek: Voyager, with season one of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine waiting in the wings (backwards again, I know). Yeah, I'm a bit behind on a couple of shows... ;-)

Oh, and if you run into Ms. Fiance, don't forget to tell her happy birthday. The official day is Sunday, but everyone except me gets a free buffer of a couple of days to let her know that you didn't forget. Because you didn't, right? Right?

And because I completely forgot about Deal of the Day in my last post, you get two today. And what better way to spread the savings than with two more Apple deals!

DotD: Apple iPhone - $399 - Just 2 months after being introduced, it's now available for $200 less. Plus, the people that already bought an iPhone get a $100 credit at the Apple Store because of the sudden and massive price drop. First time I've heard of that happening!

DotD Part 2: 40 free digital prints - Sign up for York Photo (a sister company of Snapfish) and get your first 40 prints free.

11 comments:

Joel said...

Whoooahh! You may, of course, borrow the Firefly DVD set from me and enjoy the series. When I originally watched it, I saw about the first half of the series before seeing Serenity, and then watched the last half of the series. So there was something silly about my time continuum there as well, but alas, thus is life.

I'm currently watching Next Generation and Deep Space Nine episodes on tape, loaned from Tom. I believe that after I finish what I have now, which is two more tapes, that I'm going to see if I can borrow his uber-movie DVD collection, and go through all the movies, as I've only seen First Contact and Nemesis.

DVK said...

You're both welcome - that's all I have to say.

:-)

Joel said...

Hmmm....

Unless Tim is doing a lot of coping lately, I believe that my label has been misspelled as "Coper" instead of "Cooper." Oh the humanity! Where's the data validation? :)

Mac Man said...

Whew, I'm glad you caught that. Otherwise this post would have been like a lost episode, never showing up in a search for Cooper... Oops, my bad! ;-)

Joel said...

I figured that I had to say something, or I was risking a high possibility that the world would cease to exist as we know it.

Of course, considering how some things are, maybe I should have risked it. :)

DVK said...

Maybe we should call you "copper". I call "iron". What do you want to be, Tim?

Maybe Tom can be "zinc" - is zinc a short metal?


Also:
Tim, just by Firefly - it's worth it. You can sometimes pick it up for $20 if you watch for it. You can come to my place too, that's how I introduced Joel. He just came over every-other week for awhile.

Joel said...

It's amazing how many times my name has been misspelled as "Copper" throughout my lifetime. I mean, geepers people. Don't you pronounce words when you spell them? :)

DVK said...

Apparently not Mr. Copper.

Sincerly,
Mr. Iron

Mac Man said...

What's so great about getting clothes out of wrinkles? Why would anyone names themselves after such a thing?

Then again, there was that scene in Home Alone...

DVK said...

So... are you ever going to update your blog? You've been posting on Joel's a lot. But when I come over here: nothing.

:-(

DVK said...

Oh yeah:
http://www.mnfirefly.com/portal/html/index.php